TMI is getting ready for an exciting and adventurous summer and so should you! We are proud to host the Mountain Adventures Summer Camp once again. Join us for one, two, or three weeks of summer camp in the wild and wonderful state of West Virginia! We will raft the rivers, climb the peaks, hike through the spruce forests, and gaze at the stars in our astronomical observatory. Throughout all these activities campers will make lifelong friendships and reconnect with the outdoors.
2011 Summer Camp Dates:
Week One: June 20th-June 26th
Week Two: June 27th-July 3rd
Week Three: July 4th-July 10th
Summer Camp at a Glance:
- Our unique round buildings (yurts) set back in the forest, make for an ideal location to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Our adventures include whitewater rafting, backpacking, canoeing, hiking, orienteering, ropes courses, rock climbing, and much more!
- This is a co-ed summer camp for ages 12-17
- Our "challenge by choice" model leads to increased self-confidence
- With some of the darkest skies in the eastern U.S., our location is ideal for stargazing with our observatory
- Small group sizes allow our campers to thrive in a world of friendship and fun
- Safety is our first responsibility - all of our instructors are certified Wilderness First Responders.
We look forward to seeing you this summer!